Before you start working on a regular project application and submit it, it is always useful to make an exploratory appointment. CEDE Aruba works with various funds abroad. Perhaps your project stands a chance of receiving financing from other funds. CEDE Aruba will work with you to consider what is the best approach and what procedure should be followed. Each year, CEDE Aruba finances large and small projects in the various areas of activity. If you first want to read more about the areas of activity, click here. If you want to learn more about the possibilities offered by the Cooperating Funds Caribbean part of the Kingdom, we refer to: samenwerkendefondsen.org. Please note that all applications to the Cooperating Funds must be submitted to CEDE Aruba.
How do we finance?
CEDE Aruba can help you with the financing of a project in the following 6 areas of activity:
- Neighborhood & Community
- Individual & Family
- Children & Young People
- Senior Citizens and People with Disabilities
- Vulnerable Groups
- Strengthening of NGOs
You can submit applications to CEDE Aruba for different budgets, namely:
- Regular project applications
- Neighborhood centers
- Neighborhood initiatives
- Holiday camps
Regular Project Financing
- a completely filled out “application form” for projects (download here)
- optional: a project file of your organization
- a recent extract of the Chamber of Commerce
- the articles of your organization
- a recent financial annual report in respect of the last financial year
- specific requirements for each project (further consultation)
If you are involved in a neighborhood center/neighborhood organization and are looking for financing for parts of the annual program or for individual activities, you can use the neighborhood center application form. If you are not yet familiar with CEDE Aruba, we prefer having an exploratory meeting first. Please make an appointment for this.
If you wish to submit an application for a neighborhood center, you should submit a completely filled out “Neighborhood Center Application Form”. The application form for neighborhood centers can be downloaded here.Application Form
The period for the neighborhood center application is 1 week at most after the date of submission.
Please note that if you want to submit a complete annual program, you have to make use of the “regular project financing” procedure.
If you are involved in a neighborhood initiative and/or residents’ group and you want to organize activities for your neighborhood, please use the neighborhood initiatives application form.
If you are not yet familiar with CEDE Aruba, we prefer having an exploratory meeting first. Please make an appointment for this.
If you wish to submit an application for a neighborhood initiative, you should submit a completely filled out “Neighborhood Initiatives Fund Application Form”. The application form for neighborhood initiatives can be downloaded here.Application Form
The period for the neighborhood initiatives application is 1 week at most after the date of submission.
If you want to organize a holiday camp for children and/or young people, you can submit the holiday camps application. If you are not yet familiar with CEDE Aruba, we prefer having an exploratory meeting first. Please make an appointment for this.
A complete application consists of:
- a comprehensive camp program
- a clear budget
- a list of the volunteers who will be involved in your camp
Note: CEDE Aruba expects your volunteers to have experience with the organization of camps. You are therefore requested to prove the experience of volunteers. CEDE Aruba, together with ATHA, also organizes regular courses for camp leaders within the project VIBES 4 YOUTH. It is possible that CEDE Aruba makes the participation of your camp leaders conditional on being eligible for financing.
The period for the holiday camps application is 2 weeks at most after the date of submission.
- Is the project relevant and urgent, does the project fall within the sphere of activity of CEDE and is the project urgently needed?
- Is the project of a regular or occasional nature, is the project long-lasting or does it have a one-time effect?
- Is there a level of support for the project, is there sufficient support and interest from the target group and the community for the project?
- Does the identity of the project fall within the sphere of activity of CEDE Aruba?
- Is there any realization risk, is it likely that the project will not be realized and has no effect?
- Is the budget for the project organized and transparent?
Your application will be assessed based on these six criteria, which will be followed by the decision-making. If your application is approved, you will receive an acceptance letter with information about how you should account for the contribution. In addition, the acceptance letter possibly also contains conditions relating to the financing. The management of your organization should sign the acceptance letter for approval in a legally valid manner. If the project is rejected, you will receive a rejection letter.
Project approved: and then?
If the project application is approved, the implementation phase of the project will begin. The office of CEDE Aruba will work with you to make clear agreements on the implementation, monitoring, evaluation and payment of the project.